Welcome to the U.S. Embassy
All visitors must be screened prior to entering the Embassy and are subject to inspection via a walk-through metal detector and a hand-held metal detector. In order to expedite your interview and required security checks, please keep in mind the following policies:
- All Consular visitors seeking access to the Embassy must present valid government-issued photo identification.
- Visitors seeking access to the American Citizen Services Unit must present two forms of valid government-issued photo identification.
- Cell phones are prohibited beyond the security check entrance. There are no exceptions.
- Laptops, recording equipment, computers, cameras, electronics, backpacks, large bags, luggage, large purses, oversized strollers and other cumbersome items are prohibited and cannot be deposited at the security entrance. There are no exceptions. Please leave these items at home.
- Please follow all instructions given by the guards.
- American citizens facing emergencies can be admitted to speak to a consular officer.
- Due to space limitations, please do not arrive until your scheduled appointment time.
Please note the following persons may accompany a visa applicant during Consular-related visits:
Special Needs Visitors: Applicants who have special needs due to a physical disability may be accompanied by one person. An adult may also be admitted if appearing on behalf of an applicant who is a minor child.
Due to space limitations, only applicants with scheduled appointments for visa interviews or American Citizen Services will be allowed inside the waiting rooms. Immigrant and Nonimmigrant visa petitioners must wait for applicants outside.
Please be courteous to all staff. This will avoid delays. Please note that security regulations apply to all visitors. If you fail to follow these security requirements, you may face delays or the cancellation of your visit.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we strive to maintain orderly and efficient service for all customers. For more information regarding prohibited items or entry regulations, please see our website at: http://egypt.usembassy.gov . If you have any questions or concerns regarding these policies please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call +20-2-3531-1460 or 16872 (from within Egypt).