Schedule an Appointment
In an effort to better serve our customers, the American Citizen Services unit uses an online appointment system for those coming to receive consular services. To schedule an appointment, click here
- You must schedule an appointment for the service you require; if you require notarial service, then you must schedule an appointment for a notarial. You cannot make an appointment for a passport renewal, for example, when what you actually require is notarial service. If you appear at the embassy with an appointment for a service different from the one you are requesting, you will be turned away and asked to re-schedule an appointment for the service you require.
- If you require more than one type of service, you must make separate appointments for each service. For example, if you wish to renew your passport, and you also need a notarial, make appointments for both on the same day. If those appointments are at different times, come for the earlier appointment, and both services will be provided at that time. In other words, if you have an appointment for a passport renewal at 9:00 and an appointment for a notarial at 10:00, come at 9:00, and we will take care of both services at that time.
- Each family member seeking a service related to passports or birth registration should make an individual appointment.
- You may schedule for only one appointment time in the event you need multiple Notarials.
- After setting an appointment online, a confirmation page will appear on your screen. Please print this page. You will only be allowed to enter upon showing this confirmation page at the gate.
- If you would like an earlier appointment than the one you scheduled but none is available, please feel free to check back often as we sometimes have cancellations. If you see a slot open up, please book it and then be sure to cancel your later one so as to avoid any confusion.